Bible Code Debate This Weekend

Posted By on March 31, 2011

Some of you may be interested to know that my 2001 debate with Grant Jeffrey on Coast to Coast AM (then with Art Bell — the old Art Bell Show) will be replayed this weekend (Saturday night). Wow. 2001 – my grad school days.

The link has the show set for 6-10 PT. I can’t actually recall if I was on the full four hours or just three.† It may have been four since the show was five hours when Art did it (the first hour was usually for news or whatever else Art wanted to talk about). The only thing I do recall about the show and debate was that Grant Jeffrey really had no idea what I was talking about.† He basically has no background or knowledge of Hebrew, textual criticism, or how the Old Testament was transmitted.† But if you have a friend that believes this nonsense, please invite them to listen, as well as going to this web page – pretty much the page I had up for the show, visually demonstrating (from the Dead Sea Scrolls) how the idea of an every-letter equidistant letter sequence (ELS; the backbone idea of the Bible code) is demonstrably false.

Thanks to Shirley in Michigan for alerting me to this!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Comments

10 Responses to “Bible Code Debate This Weekend”

1. Jason says:

This sounds great-looking forward to it!

2. blop2008 says:

Oh, I thought it was going to be a new debate. We all wish Bible codes were true, but it’s unfortunately untrue.

3. haibane13 says:

The best part was when Art Bell suggested someone use the “The Bible Code Myth” as a guinea pig for finding encrypted sentences or words . XD

4. Nick says:

Bible Code is total BS. So many Christians have no idea what the Bible says at all, and yet people are out there trying to formulate some mass conspiracy.

This Bible code appears falacious, there is almost certainly some numerology and gematria in Scripture.

Richard Bauchomb I believe did yeoman’s research indicating gemetria use in John chapter 21.

The 153 “fishes” as well as in the exact number of specific words and paragraphs in specific sections of John = “perfection” in gematria referring to Christ in the gematria code the Hebrews used.

The Romans used a variation.

The Bible code is nonsense; the gematria-orientation of the 153 fish was well know before Bauckham (though he would no doubt know of it). There are a couple nice articles on this (the “Christ” view is just one view).