Free Temporary Access to Scholarly Journals in Biblical Studies and Theology

Posted By on November 11, 2013

[Addendum: After you create an account at SAGE, go to this link and then click on the link that says “Free online access to all theology and biblical studies journals until 30 November!”]

It’s that time of year again! SAGE is offering open access to a list of solid journals until Nov 30. All you need to do is register. Important journals of relevance to biblical studies that are available include:

• JSOT (Journal for the Study of the Old Testament)
  • JSNT (Journal for the Study of the New Testament)
  • BT (Bible Translator)
  • JSP (Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha)

This is a good opportunity to get PDFs of two of my own articles on elohim, both of which appeared in Bible Translator:

• “Does Deuteronomy 32:17 Assume or Deny the Reality of Other Gods?” Bible Translator 59:3 (July 2008): 137-145
  • “Should אלהים (elohim) with Plural Predication be Translated ‘Gods’?” Bible Translator 61:3 (July 2010): 123-136

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

17 Responses to “Free Temporary Access to Scholarly Journals in Biblical Studies and Theology”

1. Dan Phillips says:

Thanks, but I didn’t see a link in this article; and I see nothing about it at the SAGE site.

2. Jack Caviness says:

Sage website would not allow me to download the Deuteronomy article. Tells me that I need a subscription to the Bible Translator journal.

No – you can get in free. I added this addendum to my post just now:

[Addendum: After you create an account at SAGE, go to this link [see the post page for the live link] and then click on the link that says “Free online access to all theology and biblical studies journals until 30 November!”]

3. Dave Lewis says:

Thanks for letting us know about free access to SAGE Journals. I created an account and I am in the process of downloading lots of articles.

Dave Lewis

4. Jtudor says:

Thanks for the heads up. Any particular authors to key in on not generally known outside of academic circles that’s worth reading?

5. Manny says:

Awesome, Mike (can I call you that since I listen and read almost everything out in cyberspace you produce…feel like I know you) Thank you. Your work has turned my faith inside out and brought me back to studying the scriptures.

6. Doug says:

Thanks for this. What a wealth of information to peruse. It makes me realize… The more I learn, the less I know.

7. Stu Klemm says:

Thank you Mike!!

8. Dave Lewis says:

I just finished DLing all issues of Journal for the Study of the New Testament, Journal for the Study of the Old Testament and Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha. I’m particularly interested in learning about the fragmentary Book of the Giants.

Dave Lewis