Divine Council Site Changes

Posted By on December 11, 2013

I just wanted to post a short heads up about changes I made tonight over at my divine council site. Many of you have poked around there and know that I had some excerpts from the draft of my book (in process), The Myth That Is True. All that has been taken down, along with the draft of the book from the page on my homepage where it was sold.

The reason for the changes is that I am now under contract for the book. I will be taking substantial time in 2014 to do a revision and some other related projects (that I can’t describe just yet). Part of the contract necessitates removing the material described above.

The only thing that is really “gone” is the draft. The other items have been replaced by material from the Faithlife Study Bible and the Lexham Bible Dictionary (LBD).1 Some of my conference papers are still at the divine council site, along with two journal articles that have been linked on the web by permission.

Frankly, the content is better than what I had there previously. I should have done this a year or so ago. The centerpiece is my LBD article on the divine council. It’s 24 pages long and touches on a variety of facets of the divine council in biblical theology. It’s the longest treatment you’d find on the divine council outside of a book or my dissertation.

1. If you haven’t downloaded the FSB you should. I did close to 400,000 words of the thing and there is a lot of divine council content in there. The LBD comes with it.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

10 Responses to “Divine Council Site Changes”

1. Gabe Martini says:

Exciting! Looking forward to your additional work on this subject.

2. Don Hogue says:

Dr. Heiser, excited for you that this masterpiece is going to print. I purchased it in draft from you a couple if years ago and have incorporated much if what I learned from it in my Christian apologetics. Congratulations!

3. John says:

Sounds good! I don’t know if it’s been mentioned or can be, but is the release for the new DC stuff in 2014 or 2015?

Thanks

4. shaun says:

Cool. Can’t wait for the day I can hand out physical copies at church

5. DT says:

You worked on the FSB?! No wonder it’s my favorite app. Not sure there’s anything out there that compares for under $100.

Yep. Genesis through Judges, then cherry-picked other chapters I care about. Also did a few tweaks in the NT, but not a whole lot there. I wrote lots of the sidebars in the OT. About 400K words all told.

6. Jesse says:

Dr. Heiser,

“The Myth” was one of the more interesting reads I have ever enjoyed. Can’t wait to have it in a “non-volitile storage media.” Please let us know when we can advance order.

- J