Posts Tagged ‘aliens’
Robbie Graham at Silver Screen Saucers recently posted this informative and interesting piece about one of my favorite UFO/alien-themed movies, Close Encounters of the Third Kind. The movie has long been the subject of a great deal of speculation among UFO researchers and enthusiasts. Robbie’s lengthy post takes you through all the ins-and-outs of those speculations.
I just posted this over at PaleoBabble, but it fits here as well.
A few weeks ago astronomer Stuart Robbins interviewed me for his informative Exposing PseudoAstronomy podcast. Here is Part 1 of that interview. I’ll let you all know when Part 2 appears. The topic was the bogus use of ancient texts by Zecharia Sitchin and others to support their pseudo-astronomy.
It’s that time of year again – my annual summary of how the blog did this year, as well as other related websites that are mine.
The UFO Religions blog is my smallest blog, but has increased in views and visits every year of its existence. This year I had 69,932 visitors. All time (a little over five years’ running) there have been 422 posts to date at a word count of 159,619.
In a related effort, particularly with respect to the ancient astronaut quackery, my Sitchin Is Wrong website served a lot of customers:
unique visitors: 140,232
number of visits: 173,345
website hits: 1,240,863
The Ancient Aliens Debunked YouTube documentary has, to date, just over 2.8 million views. I appeared in that documentary, which was created by Chris White.
More comprehensively, my homepage averaged just under a million hits a month. (I need to start doing something intentional here … and that will happen soon … to get over that hump). Here are the homepage stats:
unique visitors: 362,522
number of visits: 1,034,272
website hits: 11,578,595
Astronomer Stuart Robbins has made a considerable effort in his PseudoAstronomy podcast to tell the truth about how real astronomy does not jive with the astronomical quackery of Zecharia Sitchin. I was recently interviewed by Stuart for his podcast (those episodes have not been posted yet), but as a prelude to those, I thought I’d post links to his series on Sitchin’s astronomical claims and their refutation. I’d posted some of Stuart’s work earlier, but this seems like a good lead-up to when my own interviews go online in early January.
- The True Story of Planet X (Episode 13)
- The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 1 (Zecharia Sitchin) (Episode 23)
- The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 2 (Gilbert Eriksen’s Wormwood) (Episode 28)
- The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 3 (The Myth of the Southern Approach) (Episode 43)
- The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 4 (Nancy Lieder) (Episode 51, cross-listed under UFO)
- The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 5 (IRAS Discovery in 1983) (Episode 54)
- The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 6 – Andy Lloyd’s “Dark Star” (Episode 71)
- The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 7 – Mark Hazlewood (Episode 80)
- The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 8 – Zecharia Sitchin Revisited (Episode 95)